Sunday, January 29, 2012

Allow Me to Re-introduce Myself

I'm back, folks! I have not forgotten about my blog. I took some time to focus on the pancreatic cancer cause - and I was very focused. But there happens to be lots of pink everywhere. It came out in groves for Christmas. I was surrounded by pink in every kind of store. The toy store sent me running for the hills! There was just so much pink. And sadly, I have a confession: I actually bought a bunch of pink Hello Kitty items for my little cousin. I wish you could see my face as I type this. I'm disgusted with myself. There were other colors, but they didn't look right. Alas, there is a happiness and satisfaction in giving. My niece was very happy and now I'm smiling.

So, what's next? Valentine's Day! Mind you, this is not a holiday I celebrate in the traditional way. My mother made sure that I had a valentine every Valentine's Day - and she was the best valentine a girl could have. I got Godiva chocolate with the annual Godiva teddy bear, touching cards and lots of hugs and kisses. I grew up thinking it was a mommy/baby holiday. Can you imagine how happy my boyfriends were? To this day, I get valentine gifts from my mother. (The ones that come in blue boxes are my favorite!) In turn, I use Valentine's Day to show my love for my nieces and nephew and now my Sun. It's harder to find items for the boys, because everything is red or pink. Boys are usually less picky, but my Sun has declared that red and pink are for girls. I didn't teach him that, by the way.

With this thought in mind, I'll be looking for the perfect non pink gifts for the little loves of our lives. Wish me luck.  Valentine's Day will be here before you know it. Are you following me on Twitter? Get to it! I tweet shopping pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment