Saturday, September 24, 2011

September 24, 2011

You know how you see something in a store and you want it but it costs too much so you leave it there?  You spend the next few weeks/months dreaming of when the price will go down enough so that you can get it - secretly thanking God that you no longer live in NYC so no one really knows it's from four seasons ago by the time you get it!  I kinda love that feeling!  I had that feeling when I was doing the whole "Deal of the Day" thing on my twitter page.  Even though I don't have a daughter, the feeling still hit me. 

There was a shirt that I just loved but I thought the price was insane. I mean it wasn't like Gucci prices but it was more than I would pay for a shirt for myself, much less for my pretend daughter!  And I didn't love it, love it - but I thought it was unique enough to make a cute outfit.  I would see it every day while looking for deals to post on twitter.  But it wasn't unique enough to be $77!  That's right - $77!  Then it would go on sale for $60 or $45.  These prices are still way too high for a shirt for my pretend daughter - though it may be perfect for some of you and your real daughters.   Anywho, it's finally on sale at a price that I can stomach.  So here I am to put this twill shirt (that is perfect for fall) together with a couple of things that I hope someone out there gets for their daughter or niece or goddaughter or cousin...you get the picture!

The offending article of clothing is this Splendid Girls' Military Twill Shirt.

As you can see, it has a very slight and cute military flair.  Maybe I like it because it reminds me of my brother and our troops or maybe I just love the simplicity of it.  When I saw this shirt, I saw versatility.  It can be worn open over a cami with a pair of jeans and sneakers or half tucked in a pair of skinny jeans with your fave pair of boots.  For the sale price of $27.72 at bloomingdales.com, it will pay for itself in the many different ways it can be worn.

I also envision this shirt with a super cute denim skirt and cream leggings with ballet flats or boots.  A pair of shorts would work, too - as long as the shirt is left open/partially open with a cami - and some simple sneakers (like Converse or Vans).  Here are a couple of options to go with this minor obsession of mine:

Of course I prefer the olive colored cargo shorts over the navy ones from Levi's.  The denim skirt is also by Levi's and they both can be found at macys.com.  They are $11.99 and $17.99, respectively and are for girls sizes 7-16.  Have fun with this one. There are so many ways to wear it!  I may even get it in a 14 or 16 and rock it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment