Friday, July 22, 2011

July 22, 2011

So I had a not so great experience while shopping for a bicycle the other day.  I found a great purple one for myself, of course, but then we had to look at the toddler bikes because the sun would not have it any other way.  Can you guess what I saw while watching the SO push our sun up and down the aisles on a cute 12" blue and black bike with training wheels?  I know you know the answer!  PINK!  There was not one single toddler bike that didn't have pink on it in the entire store!  Not only were they all pink, but they either had flowers on them or a cute picture of a little blond girl.  If someone were shopping for toddler me, there'd be a problem.  No offense to flowers and little blond girls, but I wouldn't want either of them plastered all over my bike - especially if it were already pink.  I was never a fan of floral prints and I wasn't a little blond girl.  I remember that my neighbor and playmate was a little blond girl - but I wasn't - I wonder how she's doing?  Anyway, toddler me would rather have a blue bike with racing stripes or something on it.  I do know that non pink bikes exist for girls (I found a few online, just none that I loved).  I was just shocked that there weren't any in the huge store.  My toddler me's feelings were kinda hurt!  I decided to move on to another store to look for a couple of items for the house.  My new bike agenda would have to wait for another day.


My second stop of the day yielded a little better results.  After shopping for curtains in another huge store, I walked passed the newborn section on the way to the escalator.  I usually don't shop in this particular store because they are just not my style, but I did see something that caught my attention.  The blankets that they had to offer for girls were all pink - no surprise.  But they did have a wall display of items for baby girls that had another color showcased.  It was the only section for girls not dominated by pink.  I was pretty happy.  Not just because it was mostly purple, but because it wasn't all pink.  My day was kinda saved!  We have a long way to go but we're getting there!  I snapped a couple of pictures for your viewing pleasure.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment